Any time that couples have invested in planning their wedding has seemed like a fleeting moment. From preparing the guest lists to booking the venue and the band – everything takes time, patience, and a lot of research. So, if you are a newly engaged happy couple, then this is a guide for you – we can help you prepare a list where you can focus on what you want to be done first.
For example, there is no harm in booking the venue, event rentals, or a planner for up to a year out, if not more. Some items, such as linens, can be arranged much closer to the date, but if you’re wanting to secure everything, the short answer is – booking as early as possible is always recommended. However, here are a few things that are a priority among which are the following:
- The first thing that you would need to do is prepare a guest list – this is one of those things that are the basics, any wedding planner would recommend this first. You cannot go further with a venue without knowing how big of a space you need. It is naturally, a matter of personal preference. Sit down with your partner and decide whether you want a more intimate celebration or a grand party. Then browse through your list of friends and relatives and see who made the cut. Also, if you wish to have help on your planning journey, booking a professional planner is something you need to secure as soon as possible.
- Now, we can move on to selecting the wedding venue – check whether you want the celebration to be hosted in an indoor or outdoor space, and start searching for venues. One of the most important aspects of planning a wedding is the venue. Also, it is always nice to have more than one option, just in case, so try looking into at least three separate venues and pick the one that would suit your theme, style, and needs the most!
- Furthermore, you need to secure your wedding photographer as they get booked in advance, and you wouldn’t want to leave that for last. Pick the one whose style and experience resonate with your requirements. If they have experience shooting weddings at your chosen venue, that is always a plus!
- Next, find the wedding dress of your dreams – this might be one of those vast points of planning a wedding – mostly because it is not only a bridal dress you would be after but also a suit for your partner. Don’t forget the groomsmen’s suits, bridesmaids’ dresses, matching colors, and notes, leaving time for alterations, etc. This is a process that takes time so make sure to start planning early.
- All the other vendors – caterers, music, decorations, florals – everything that you will need for your special day. From entertainment for your guests and tailoring the perfect menu to the decoration rentals and the wedding cake too – you will start compiling a list and cross off your responsibilities one by one until the entire list is finished. All of this might take up a lot of your time, so we can advise you to start sooner rather than later! Make sure to get everything you want so you can fulfill your dream of having the most gorgeous wedding ever!
It is never too early to start planning a wedding, and the sooner the things are settled, the better. In the spur of the moment, you might miss a thing or two, especially if you think you don’t have the needed time to complete all of the tasks you have given yourself or the help of a wedding planner. If you are looking for event rentals that can help you realize your vision, then contact us and get a rental quote as soon as possible! We will make sure to deliver quality service in a timely manner.